TIAA Lead Development Manager - CRM Technologies in Broomfield, Colorado
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Lead Development Manager
The Lead Development Manager is responsible for managing the analysis, programming and configuration of IT Systems Software. This job advises developers on best methods of software development and code creation. Working with the leadership team, this job provides project leadership for software development activities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Manages performance of team through regular, timely feedback as well as the formal performance review process to ensure delivery of exceptional products and engagement, motivation and development of team.
Monitors development work to make sure resulting software meets established goals.
Manages the identification of business needs, conducts requirements gathering, and defines scope and objectives for the IT System.
Manages the configuration, customization, diagnosis and enhancements of operating systems software.
Advises the development and implementation of new products, processes and operational plans.
Oversees training of users on new or modified software.
5 Years Required; 7 Years Preferred
University (Degree), Preferred
Additional Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- University (Degree)
· 5+ years in working with Salesforce platform and related technologies.
· Experience managing Salesforce development and QA teams, both onshore and offshore.
· Experience in leading Salesforce architecture discussions and implementations.
· Thrives in working with Salesforce and must have in-depth salesforce expertise to serve as the subject matter expert for all CRM and associated technologies at the firm
· Must have inspiring leadership skills to guide a medium sized team of developers/QA resources (both onshore and offshore) by managing both the day to day operations as well as strategic initiatives. Mentor junior members in relevant technologies and leadership skills
· Excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills. Ability to keep the team motivated and build strong relationships with stakeholders. Work with the extended team to ensure the creation of cohesive strategies for the tech stack
· Must have a good grasp of client data models, application & data architecture and governance topics especially as it relates to client 360 data in the asset management industry
· Ability to run workshops, working closely with stakeholders, able to talk about tradeoffs e.g. config. vs code, business agility vs IT control and other similar topics
· Be comfortable in the implementation of full life cycle enterprise-wide software agile projects across highly matrixed organizations both on the technology and business sides
· In the rapidly changing technology landscape this role will be required to constantly challenge the status quo, commit to ongoing growth and champion innovation
· Work closely with business stakeholders to translate business needs to a coherent technology, strategy and roadmap.
Potential Salary: $176,100.00 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary (https://www.tiaa.org/public/pdf/benefits-at-a-glance.pdf) .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here (https://www.dol.gov/general/topics/posters) .
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-ca-privacy) to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/nuveen-eu-uk-privacy) to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here (http://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-privacy) to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.
TIAA started out over 100 years ago to help ensure teachers could retire with dignity. Today, many people who work at not-for-profits rely on our wide range of financial products and services to support and strengthen their financial well-being.