TIAA IT Auditor in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
TIAA is a unique financial partner. With an award-winning track record for consistent performance, TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. TIAA has $1 trillion in assets under management (as of 9/30/2018) and offers a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and guidance, and retirement services.
An ideal candidate would have experience in planning and conducting complex internal audits, under the direction of audit leadership/management and in compliance with audit standards / schedules / related statues. Active involved in activities such as the preparation of detailed programs for audits, the review of complex financial, operational, compliance and risk systems, processes and procedures to determine efficiency, effectiveness and alignment with internal policies, procedures, regulations and industry standards. Support the audit teams in defining scope of audits, identifying key risk areas, and reviewing relevant controls across the organization in support of the annual risk-based audit plan. Ensures effective program management disciplines are in practice, provides independent validation of program health to senior leadership, drives effective risk management, ensures reporting transparency and provides subject matter expertise to validate testing quality through to successful delivery of engagement. Assists in producing a quality end product that clearly documents the audit work performed and meets or exceeds division standards.
Networks with senior personnel within the business unit and across groups to resolve issues, gain needed information and influence outcomes. Participate in discussions with senior management when communicating audit results and recommendations.
Normally works independently, and receives general guidance and review on new assignments. This position may provide functional advice or training to less experienced staff and ensure group and individual deliverable deadlines are met. Identifies workflow problems pertaining to team functions; recommends and implements solutions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Conduct complex risk-based internal audits under the general direction of leadership/management and consistent with auditing standards and professional practices.
• Produce a high quality end-product that clearly documents the audit work performed, which meets or exceeds the division standards while adhering to schedules and deadlines.
• Demonstrate good judgment in evaluating the results of audits and in developing and presenting remediation solutions where control weaknesses and root cause have been identified.
• Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance, evaluating manual and automated processes, identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies.
• Work collaboratively and independently on unique or special assignments which may require specialized knowledge and/or experience.
• Review the appropriateness of internal control design.
• Determine compliance with regulatory requirements, auditing standards and Company’s policies and procedures
• Verbally communicates findings to senior management and draft comprehensive and complete report of audit area.
• Comply with Company, Division and Professional ethical standards.
2+ years of information systems auditing or other relevant experience
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Accounting or other related discipline required
Experience with integrated auditing in the financial service industry; Asset Management industry experience is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1719876
Field: Human Resources
Post Date: Jun 14, 2019
- TIAA Jobs