TIAA Sr Lead Proj Portfolio Mgr IT in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies.
We are expanding our Program and Business Architecture Governance functions across Nuveen and Global Corporate Solutions Technology. With this, we need to ensure strategy alignment, prioritization and successful delivery of our project portfolio. The Sr. Lead Project Portfolio Manager will be key to forming and maturing key business and corporate function relationships critical to ensure proper engagement and consistent adherence to the governance model aimed at aligning our focus and resources on prioritized efforts and optimizing the delivery and associated ROI/benefits.
In addition to supporting and maturing the governance and delivery model, this individual will serve as a Program Lead for key strategic initiatives across Nuveen and GCST as assigned.
· Work directly with senior leaders to assist with overall strategy of assigned portfolio and assist with obtaining and refining data needed to make decisions.
· Guide projects from idea generation through selection. Includes working with business and technology stakeholders on completing New Project Requests for prioritization consideration.
· Review project business cases within assigned portfolio to ensure appropriate due diligence in deriving cost and ROI/benefits estimates. Partner with sponsors to present funding requests and associated business cases in Program Governance (Project Control Board – “PCB”) meetings.
· Support sponsors in socializing business cases and associated funding requests with key stakeholders and partners.
· Support presentation and discussion of shared projects with partner (HR, Finance, Risk, PS&A, Compliance, etc.) groups to receive sign-off of impacts and potential shared funding approvals.
· Maintain accurate and comprehensive pipeline business case data in SharePoint/Clarity (from idea generation thru completion of SDLC (Agile and Waterfall) guided delivery.
· Own initiative-level reporting to senior management, such as overall portfolio financial and status reporting, prioritization and benefits realization.
· Monitor portfolio-level risks and issues and intervene, as necessary
· Participate in Program/Project Manager Community of Practice and Key Stakeholder meetings to communicate and champion all process changes/updates, support prioritization of pipeline projects and communicate decisions.
· Facilitate impact assessment/change event planning meetings to ensure projects are identifying and mitigating customer impacts.
· Perform mentoring and coaching of Program and Project Managers as needed to ensure process and methodology comprehension and adherence.
· Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and drive execution of related plans
· For assigned programs/projects:
· Provide strategic program oversight and/or management, accountable for successful planning and delivery;
· Create, validate and maintain program/project data;
· Identify cross-project dependencies within the program and outside the program via discussions with other Program Managers and Project Portfolio Managers;
· Serve as the Project Lead for key strategic initiatives;
· 8 or more years of project and/ or program management experience for complex and strategically relevant programs and projects
· 5 or more years financial services industry experience
· 5 or more years in a Program/Project Management Office (PMO) role working on complex and strategic programs and projects
· 3 or more years of management experience (direct responsibility/ supervision of employees)
· Experience managing project portfolios greater than $25M leveraging commercially available
· Project Portfolio Management (PPM) platforms
· Data manipulation, critical thinking, and data and process analysis skills
· Ability to take the initiative and manage multiple complex tasks while delivering high quality results
· Expert PowerPoint and MS Excel skills
· Proven experience providing Project Portfolio Reporting and presenting to Senior Leadership team utilizing MS PowerPoint and online dashboard/reporting solutions
· Ability to develop and present program and portfolio level strategies
· Understanding of IT and its alignment with, and opportunities to drive, business processes
· Excellent communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Agile Methodology experience
• Blend of Asset Management/Investment Banking and Corporate Functions experience (highly desired)
• Clarity PPM experience
• Tableau experience
• PMP Certification
• Scrum Master
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the .
If you need assistance applying due to visually or hearing impaired, please email .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1720706
Field: Business Management & Operations
Post Date: 4 days ago
- TIAA Jobs