TIAA Sr Network Security Engineer in Charlotte, North Carolina
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Information Systems Engineer designs information systems that are appropriate for users' needs and consistent with the overall design of the organization's information systems architecture. Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of the organization's operating systems.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Formulates system scope through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
Evaluates and implements changes to existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
Reviews flow charts, models, and procedures and feasibility studies to design possible system solutions.
Reviews technical documentation to guide system users and to assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance, and development of the system.
Collaborates with system analysts, engineers, and programmers to design systems and to determine project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, systems performance standards, and interfaces.
Identifies and documents all system constraints, implications and consequences of various proposed system changes.
Educates end users on system designs and functionalities through creation of training materials and conducting demos.
Evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of application operations and troubleshooting problems.
3 Years Required; 5 Years Preferred
University (Degree), Preferred
Additional Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- University (Degree)
Sr. Network Security Engineer will manage and support the network aspects of Network Security Engineering programs for Internet and Remote Access connectivity and for corporate expansion and integration. Responsible for managing technical solutions that will carry TIAA into the future and support a period of tremendous change; leading with influence and a balanced approach to quality execution, stability, and world class customer support.
The successful candidate must have the ability to collaborate and influence to achieve goals that define and develop best-in-class network security service that meets TIAA’s march towards a global operating enterprise.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
· Design and continuous engineering for a scalable cloud proxy solution in a rapidly growing global infrastructure
· Contribute to ongoing optimization and validation of the network security products.
· Write, augment, and maintain solution documentations
· Define and deliver selection of appropriate tools and target state connectivity solutions, service management, and service catalog integration
· Make recommendations on integration strategies, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement desired solutions providing best practice advice to other teams to optimize cloud proxy effectiveness.
· 3 Years’ applicable experience;
· University (Degree)
· Professional Certification
· 5 Years’ experience in engineering, designing, and developing the technical direction for the cloud proxy services, firewall services, business partner networks, and corporate remote access services
· Demonstrated track record of migrating and/or engineering internet proxy services including explicit and transparent configurations, PAC file management, categorization, and identity access management
· Solid understanding of network and data center architecture, including cloud architectures in design, implementation, and engineering such as Microsoft Teams, AWS, Workday, etc.
· Knowledge of networking infrastructure suppliers and service offerings including or similar to: Cisco, F5 Networks, Palo Alto Networks, Infoblox, Riverbed, Zscaler, etc.
· Knowledge of security design principals ensuring secure, scalable and supportable network services
· Experience coding with at least one of the following development languages; Python, C++, Go, Ansible, YAML, JSON
· Experience in configuration and maintenance of at least one of the following network devices; Firewalls, Web Proxy and Web Application Firewalls
Potential Salary: $114,000.00 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary (https://www.tiaa.org/public/pdf/benefits-at-a-glance.pdf) .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here (https://www.dol.gov/general/topics/posters) .
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-ca-privacy) to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/nuveen-eu-uk-privacy) to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here (http://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-privacy) to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.
TIAA started out over 100 years ago to help ensure teachers could retire with dignity. Today, many people who work at not-for-profits rely on our wide range of financial products and services to support and strengthen their financial well-being.