TIAA Retail Direct Senior Loan Officer in CHESTERFIELD, Missouri
As a part of TIAA’s Financial Solutions business, TIAA Bank, a division of TIAA, FSB, provides full-service, nationwide banking and lending services to consumer, commercial and institutional clients through a variety of channels, including online, its Florida-based financial centers and at other business offices throughout the country.
The Retail Direct Loan Officer Senior is responsible for providing a high level of mortgage and loan sales converting prospective clients into new loan applications by presenting customers with a variety of mortgage products and pricing based on their borrowing needs. This position will sell multiple brands of lending products through the use of inbound and outbound sales calls. This role will manage the client experience from origination to closing; additionally, they will have the opportunity to cross sell banking and investment services offered through the partners in other TIAA divisions.
• Sell multiple brands of company loan products to prospects, effectively converting leads to borrowers
• Proficient analyzing, communicating, and guiding consumers on decisions related to mortgage products as it relates to the specific needs of the customer and the loan applications process; handle mortgage loans of highest complexity, value, and risk
• Determine and communicate loan level pricing with customers and management in order to maximize profitability
• Follow underwriting guidelines to determine the documentation and lock/pricing requirements on loan level basis
• Conversant in various types of borrowing programs and processes; stays current with changes
• Responsible for mentoring, training, and in some instances managing the progress of new Retail Direct Loan Originators
• Responsible for the general loan production; error free applications, the ability to foresee possible inadequacies in documentation prior to submission to processing
• Efficiently work with various types of systems and software programs simultaneously to maximize time spent selling products
• Knowledge of market fluctuations and expertise managing an active pipeline during those fluctuations
• Manage active pipeline from origination to closing, work effectively with fulfillment departments to ensure loan requirements are satisfied and deadlines met
• Adhere to all federal and state compliance guidelines relative to the position
• Develop sales skills through attending systems and product training and other educational opportunities necessary for the position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Must be a self-starter and self-motivated
• Proven experience carefully analyzing and communicating with consumers on decisions related to mortgage products
• Ability to drive positive client experience and influence consumer mortgage product choices
• Must be organized, responsible, and possess good judgment to make decisive and accurate decisions with minimal supervision
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines across multiple operational teams
• Proficiency in MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Windows, MS-Outlook, Encompass, Velocify, and the internet
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Five (5) years of Retail Mortgage Loan Officer experience at a financial institution or performed in the top 10% of sales force for one year as a Mortgage Loan Officer
• Must be S.A.F.E. Act registered through NMLS or become S.A.F.E. Act registered through NMLS upon hire
• Bachelor’s degree strongly
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email, or call
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1727407
Company: TIAA Bank
Post Date: Jul 23, 2020