TIAA RFP Institutional Channel Manager in CHICAGO, Illinois
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies.
Nuveen Advisory Services (NAS) is the client-facing division of Nuveen that houses professionals who develop, market and sell investmentstrategies and solutions to clients. We are currently seeking an entrepreneurial and execution-focused leader to join Nuveen Advisory Services to lead the RFP Institutional Team. The RFP Institutional Team primarily partners with the institutional and consultant relations distribution organizations that sells and services Nuveen’s investment strategies and solutions to institutions across the Americas, EMEA and APAC.
In this role, you will be a player/coach for the RFP Institutional Team, which is responsible for preparation and distribution of RFPs and due diligence questionnaires for Nuveen’s public and private products and strategies. This includes the preparation and distribution of RFPs and due diligence questionnaires for existing clients, new clients, sub-advisor programs, and consultants; team workflow management and distribution stakeholder management; coaching, training and developing the members of the RFP Institutional Team; and ad-hoc special projects to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall RFP Team. This team may also support the RFP Intermediary Team to load-balance capacity during quarter-end update cycles.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Teamleadership, stakeholder management, coaching and development (30% of time)
· Provide overall leadership and day-to-day management for the members of the RFP Institutional team, including ongoing training, coaching and developing team members
· Accountable for team’s completion of all Institutional RFPs with accuracy while meeting deadlines, including team workflow management
· Maintain strong engagement and open communication with Institutional distribution partners to ensure alignment on deadlines, business needs and priorities
· Develop and monitor key success metrics to measure the capacity, effectiveness and efficiency (i.e., accuracy, on-time completion, win rate, cost per RFP, etc.)
Writing,reviewing and approving RFPs and due diligence questionnaires (40-50% of time)
· Complete RFPs and due diligence questionnaires with accuracy while meeting deadlines
· Interact with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Compliance to review and obtain approvals of referenced materials
· Respond to internal and external inquiries (i.e., performance, country/sector allocation, portfolio holdings, and portfolio characteristics) for various investment strategies across Nuveen
· Develop relationships with individuals at all levels within the firm in order to gain a strong understanding of the organization and the ability to develop specialized content
· If required, update/maintain qualitative and quantitative information in consultant/marketing databases
Continuousimprovement and project-based initiatives to improve RFP processes (20-30% oftime)
· With the Head of RFP and other key partners across NAS, lead and execute critical change initiatives and projects that enhance efficiency and effectiveness for the RFP team
· Examples of potential projects include:
o Enhance processes for data collection and data sources for RFPs
o Refine processes and develop SLAs for engagement of Subject Matter Experts across Nuveen
o Streamline the compliance approval processes
o Enhance the process for new RFP intake logging, tracking and workflow management
Supervisory Responsibilities: This role initially has direct responsibility for a team of 8-10 RFP writers in the US and London, with 2-3 direct reports. Team size and direct reports is subject to change based on business needs and team capacity
Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum 5 years of combined experience in investment management sales, relationship management, client servicing, RFP or due diligence roles
DesiredSkills and Experience:
· At least 1 year experience as a people manager
· Experience in preparation of RFPs and due diligence questionnaires
· Experience working with and maintaining consultant/marketing databases
· Knowledge of both public and private fund structures and strategies
· Demonstrated success in process and project management skills
· Demonstrated ability to lead a team and coach/develop people
· CAIA designation or experience with real estate and other private markets products preferred
· Ability to build strong working relationship with senior sales, service, and product professionals
· Detail-oriented with strong project management skills
· Ability to perform well under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
· Highly organized, self-motivated, strong work ethic and a strong sense of ownership; an excellent team player who is willing to “go the extra mile”
· Superb proofing (attention to detail) and editing skills
· Strong financial and analytical skills
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1721122
Field: Business Management & Operations
Post Date: 5 days ago
- TIAA Jobs