TIAA Vice President, Investment Oversight, Taxable Fixed Income in CHICAGO, Illinois
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at
Investment Oversight seeks a Taxable Fixed Income Investment Oversight Analyst to join the Team reporting to the Managing Director, Head of Investment Oversight.
The Investment Oversight Analyst will serve as an asset class expert responsible for relationship management and oversight of multiple Taxable Fixed Income managers and strategies Partnering with Nuveen colleagues, the analyst will support Product Development and Management initiatives and participate in various committees across the firm. This role involves diverse activities including detailed performance analysis explaining sources of performance and risk, the understanding and reporting of complex issues, collaborating and negotiating outcomes with senior professionals across different groups and organizations, along with effective communication, both verbal and in writing.
Investment Oversight supports Nuveen, the various Nuveen Fund Boards and our clients’ objectives in an ethical, highly professional and independent manner. The Team develops a deep knowledge of affiliated and non-affiliated investment teams in order to help ensure investment integrity across Nuveen’s product offerings. The Team culture is one that emphasizes strong individual responsibility, professionalism, collaboration, along with teamwork and an emphasis on respect for partners and colleagues.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Serve as an asset class expert responsible for relationship management and oversight of investment teams and strategies
· Prepare quarterly and annual Board materials and present findings to various audiences
· Research and report on developing fixed income market trends
· Conduct manager capability assessments of assigned investment teams through evaluation of process, performance and other factors; perform due diligence on new investment managers and strategies
· Evaluate and monitor fund/strategy performance including quarterly performance reviews with portfolio managers, research analysts and CIOs
· Support Product Development & Management partners as necessary including manager due diligence and policy/guideline implementation
· Partner with Nuveen Investment Risk to review and interpret investment risk data
· Bachelors degree in business required
· Minimum 8 years of Fixed Income experience within the investment management industry
· Direct taxable fixed income experience involving portfolio management, risk management, securities research and/or manager research and due diligence
· CAIA, CFA, CPA, MBA and/or FRM is strongly preferred
· Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Performance attribution and risk management/measurement skills/experience including FactSet, Bloomberg and Morningstar Direct or similar
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and deliver under tight deadlines
· Presentation capabilities and experience including creation of presentation materials, presentation skill in large formal settings and interactions with senior stakeholders; potential for in-person meeting presentations to client firms and due diligence officers
· Demonstrated knowledge of global capital markets and ability to express and interpret various investment strategies
· Ability to work effectively with all partners individually and as part of a team
· Ability to lead projects and work to achieve buy-in among various constituents and senior professionals across multiple departments
· Ability to present complex ideas in an understandable way to multiple audiences
· Inquisitive nature and willingness to look beyond the surface to formulate independent opinions related to investment activity, capital markets and product strategies
· Quantitative skills including ability to generate spreadsheets and related reports for data analysis and interpretation
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1717797
Field: Investment Management
Post Date: Feb 20, 2019
- TIAA Jobs