Nuveen Investments Retail Asset Manager in Frankfurt, Germany
Retail Asset Manager Germany, Frankfurt
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
About Nuveen Real Estate
Nuveen Real Estate is one of the largest investment managers in the world with € 110 billion of assets under management. Managing a suite of funds and mandates, across both public and private investments, and spanning both debt and equity across diverse geographies and investment styles, we provide access to every aspect of real estate investing. With over 80 years of real estate investing experience and more than 550 employees located across over 25 cities throughout the United States, Europe and Asia Pacific, the platform offers unparalleled geographic reach, which is married with deep sector expertise. This position is on Nuveen Real Estate’s Northern Europe Retail Team. Nuveen Real Estate’s current retail holdings in the Germany consist of €3.5 billion of assets under management.
The Retail Asset Manager reporting to the Head of Retail Asset Management, Northern Europe, will take asset management responsibilities for a portfolio of retail properties that can include outlets, shopping centers and retail parks across the Northern European region (Germany, Austria, Poland, BeNeLux), and will support the retail investment team in regard to investment introductions (3-pagers and full investment recommendations).
Typical asset management tasks and activities include:
• Interface with third party service providers including property managers, leasing brokers, development personnel, and/or joint venture partners to execute on property level business plans
• Review and analyze economics of leasing deals and perform comparative analysis to budget and appraisal.
• Participate in the timely production of reports apprising senior management and investors of major changes in property fundamentals and competitive positioning.
• Prepare and/or review annual asset business plans, operating budgets and capital budgets, and monitor budget to actual performance throughout the year.
• Responsibility for the performance and the operating management of portfolio(s)
• Prepare investment recommendation for identified asset management initiatives
• Drive (re-)letting activities / Initiate CapEx projects
• Develop (re-)positioning and marketing strategies with external service providers
• Annual/quarterly valuation updates
• Quarterly property management meetings
• Quarterly reporting to investors/banks/auditors
• Monthly calls with PM on evolution of bad debt positions
• Regular contact to PM to deal with day-to-day decisions
• Handling of legal claims, warranty issues, day-to-day invoices, contracts
• Regular site inspections
• Meetings with local politicians/key retailers
• Operational approvals/controls
• Give exit recommendations (incl. operational support in vendor DD)
• Have a minimum of 3-5 years professional industry experience, ideally in the asset/fund management sector
• Good knowledge of the Real Estate market
• Ideally portfolio management skills with proven ability to asset management
• Enjoy working in an international workplace with multi-cultural teams
• Good understanding in terms of tenant mix & performance, and operations
• Financial, analytical and modelling skills
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Good team player contributing to the success of Nuveen Real Estate
• Act in line with Nuveen Real Estate’s Company Values
• Software skills: Proficiency and Microsoft (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, listed equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.nuveen.com
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-ca-privacy) to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/nuveen-eu-uk-privacy) to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here (http://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-privacy) to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.
TIAA started out over 100 years ago to help ensure teachers could retire with dignity. Today, many people who work at not-for-profits rely on our wide range of financial products and services to support and strengthen their financial well-being.