TIAA Sales Associate - Real Estate, IAS, Germany in Frankfurt, Germany
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, listed equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.nuveen.com
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Our Central European team is seeking a Sales Associate to assist and support the Central European real estate distribution function within our Global Client Group. As the Real Estate business grows globally, sales support is required to ensure the team continues to keep sales as their key focus. The successful candidate will support the Head of Central Europe and Senior Real Estate Specialist where it relates to the Real Estate business and would be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with Nuveen Real Estate’s institutional clients in the DACH region.
The role would offer an opportunity to work with the biggest institutional investors in the region in Real Estate. The firm supports the successful candidate with training in product knowledge, process & systems, and relationship management skills.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Help drive Real Estate sales across Central Europe together with senior sales personnel
• Proactively engage clients on conversations around Real Estate investment themes and outlook, help to arrange meetings, visit, training etc.
• Manage client queries on portfolio related matters. Follow through on issues with relevant internal teams
• Participation in client meetings and meeting preparation (collating background information on previous meetings and prospect/client info)
• Support due diligence and on boarding with clients
• Build, maintain, and manage an roadshow calendars
• Execute new and terminated investment mandates through coordination with various operations teams and client service team
• Proactively identifying new business opportunities by completing ongoing screens and staying abreast of current manager searches
• Market and prospect research e.g. via Mandatewire and Preqin
• Monitoring Salesforce data completeness e.g. ongoing client and prospect relationships
• Monitoring consultant databases for completeness (German RE Spezial Funds)
• End to end request organization (e.g. project management of client take on process with legal, compliance etc.)
• Assist with internal stakeholder updates e.g. pipeline calls, real estate and wider company management team meetings
• Attend all real estate pipeline calls, and ensure all follow ups are actioned
• Be the conduit between Real Estate Product Team and Real Estate Sales Team
• Be the distribution lead regarding event co-ordination in conjunction with Marketing
Technical Skills & Qualifications Required:
• Organised and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
• Excellent communicator, both written and spoken, with the ability to liaise cross functionally at all levels.
• Owner and efficient operator of own task and responsibilities
• Understanding of Investment Products/Real Estate/Real Assets
• Additional European Language skills advantageous.
• Degree qualified with a strong academic track record
• Excellent numeracy skills with strong attention to detail
• Fully proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Experience of working with CRM systems an advantage (we use Salesforce)
• Previous work experience gained within Investment Management and/or Real Estate Investment preferred
• Good team player contributing to the success of Nuveen Real Estate which includes regular liaison with international colleagues
• Good understanding of Real Estate markets, investment vehicles and
regulatory landscape in the DACH region
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-ca-privacy) to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/nuveen-eu-uk-privacy) to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here (http://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-privacy) to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.
TIAA started out over 100 years ago to help ensure teachers could retire with dignity. Today, many people who work at not-for-profits rely on our wide range of financial products and services to support and strengthen their financial well-being.