TIAA CMDB Technical Lead - ServiceNow in Iselin, New Jersey
The Technical Lead Infrastructure job manages the installation, configuration, and maintenance of IT systems software and hardware for multi-user server computers. This job meets end user needs by confirming that uptime, performance, resource availability, and security of computers are within established operational guidelines. Under limited supervision, this job manages large-scale projects and is recognized as a subject matter expert in the Technology Infrastructure field. This role uses their knowledge of computer languages and operations to find and fix problems in computer networks, such as network communications errors, storage problems, and malfunctioning server platforms.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Leads the routinely performed analysis during normal IT Infrastructure operation, including on networks, firewalls, servers, operating systems, applications and devices.
Oversees the acquisition, installation, and any upgraded computer components and software and planning for service outages and other problems.
Approves automation of routine tasks using scripting and writing basic computer programs to address more complex systems software configuration and enhancement.
Reviews domain solutions and executes changes in line with the implementation plan.
Communicates project, operational, and strategy risks and opportunities to senior management, along with corrective action plans when required.
Publishes metrics to qualify and quantify configuration success, and ensures that configuration practices are in compliance with standards.
Approves documentation as it relates to domain configuration, routing, processes, and service records.
Ensures successful delivery on all project and operational commitments, including quality and timeliness metrics.
Coaches, mentors and delegates work to lower level professionals.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 5+ Years Required; 7+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
TIAA is seeking a ServiceNow CMDB Technical Lead who has a thorough understanding of ITIL processes, hands-on ServiceNow CMDB, ITAM, ITOM Discovery / Visibility and ITSM experience. This role will have responsibility for the design, discovery, administration, development, support and all other aspects of the CMDB including operational support.
This role will work on a wide variety of projects and collaborate with a diverse set of partners across the enterprise. Finally, you will share your knowledge, and best practices with team members, including mentoring junior engineers, to increase our efficacy and breadth of understanding of the platform and how best to realize value within it.
· Manage, design, develop, and implement CMDB solutions focusing on ITIL framework, ITOM, ITAM and ITSM
· Act as the subject matter expert of CMDB Technical design sessions with cross functional Technical and Business Stakeholders
· Ensure all federated data sources are automated and easily on boarded into the CMDB ingestion framework integrating with discovery tools while ensuring data quality and integrity are maintained.
· Implement new ServiceNow ITOM features and modules such as (but not limited to) Service Mapping, IT Asset Management, and Discovery.
· Understanding of end-to-end procurement, request, allocation & reclamation process flows
· Provides expert troubleshooting on complex issues while serving as an escalation point to other platform administrators, analysts and developers.
· Proactively stays up to date in platform capabilities, research and recommend use of new ServiceNow platform features/plugins to improve the user experience, process quality and to educate new team members.
· Uses SCRUM/Agile development methodologies. Documents and follows established processes for both operational and agile/project development work.
· Documents technical architectures that will be clearly understood and immediately used by developers to construct code and unit tests.
· Establish, review and optimize new/existing processes to improve customer experience and overall delivery of business outcomes to support IT Operations, Asset Management, and FinOps initiatives to address complex business and audit requirements.
· Forge strong, collaborative relationships and build consensus among competing stakeholders across business and IT peers, leveraging exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
· Minimum of 5+ years’ experience working with similar technical components
· 3+ years as a ServiceNow CMDB Engineer / Administrator with hands-on experience in the following areas:
o ServiceNow experience with discovery, Service Graph framework, service mapping, IT Asset management and configuration management (CMDB)
o Working knowledge of ITAM tools like ServiceNow, SNOW, BMC, FlexNet, SCCM, MAP, ILMT etc.
o Working knowledge of configurations such as Business Rules, Client Scripts, Script Includes, Access Controls, Notifications, Flow Designers and Workflows, Integration Hub
o Experience designing, developing and maintaining application system integrations operating in varied complex application environments, with database technologies on Cloud/physical/virtual platforms
o Knowledge of IT infrastructure topology including typical application, server & networking configurations and how they can be documented using a common data model
o Proficient and knowledgeable of ServiceNow's Common Service Data Model (CSDM)
· Experience working in a Lead role in at least one platform upgrade; familiar with upgrade process [technical and functional], risks & mitigation methods, day-of upgrade execution
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and proven technical leadership
· Experience with large scale, enterprise CMDB implementations
· Experience in development, configuration, implementation and support of production and non-production ServiceNow instances.
· ITIL v3 certification
· ServiceNow Admin Certification, ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist, or ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
· Certified IT Asset Manager – CITAM or Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional - CHAMP
Potential Salary: $140,300.00 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary (https://www.tiaa.org/public/pdf/benefits-at-a-glance.pdf) .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here (https://www.dol.gov/general/topics/posters) .
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in US (other than California), click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-privacy) .
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in California, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-ca-privacy) .
For Applicants of Nuveen residing in Europe and APAC, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/nuveen-eu-uk-privacy) .
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (English), click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/support/privacy/applicants-greenwood-privacy) .
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/support/privacy/applicants-greenwood-portuguese-privacy) .
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (English), click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/support/privacy/applicants-westchester-privacy) .
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/support/privacy/applicants-westchester-portuguese-privacy) .