TIAA Sr Full Stack Java Developer in ITHACA, New York
TIAA is a unique financial partner. With an award-winning track record for consistent performance, TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. TIAA has $1 trillion in assets under management (as of 9/30/2018) and offers a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and guidance, and retirement services.
For more information about TIAA, .
· Design, develop, and test software according to specific business requirements.
· Ensure proper software development practices are followed, including writing well-organized and maintainable code, code reuse, effective use of common design patterns, minimal copy and pasting, effective error handling and logging, etc.
· Design and build systems that comply with enterprise architectural guidance.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Strong understanding of software development concepts in building a variety of applications, including web sites, web services, and batch processing systems.
· Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
· Experience with unit testing, test driven development, and other forms of automated testing.
· Strong understanding of advanced software development concepts such object-oriented design and development, multi-threading, thread safety, exception handling and logging, asynchronous operations, etc.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong commitment to quality and customer service.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong sense of teamwork, both within the team and collaborating with other teams.
· Ability to see opportunities to automate mundane tasks and write scripts when necessary.
· Passionate about technology and solving problems with technology.
4 or more yearsexperience with Java development
4 or more yearsworking on Spring Framework (SpringMVC, Spring Security, Spring Boot and SpringBatch, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration, etc..)
Experience in RESTservice development
Experience in Distributedsource control systems such as Git
Experience with Gradle/Mavenor similar build automation tools
Experience workingwith jUnit and mocking frameworks
· Solid understanding of object-oriented design principles
· Java 8 Experience
· Neo4j or other graph database experience
· Oracle, PL/SQL, or other SQL database technologies
· Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes, and/or other software containerization experience
· Cucumber, gherkin, integration testing
· Enterprise Development with Automated Builds, Deployment, Testing
· JSON, XML, JAXB
· MongoDB or other NoSQL database technologies
Environment: Web Application Development
Equal Employment Opportunity is notjust the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the .
If you need assistance applying dueto visually or hearing impaired, please email .
We are an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicantsfor employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion,veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any otherlegally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1718466
Post Date: Apr 12, 2019
- TIAA Jobs