TIAA Bank Business Unit Finance Director - Commercial Finance in JACKSONVILLE, Florida
Business Unit Finance Director - Commercial Finance
Location: United States, Florida, Jacksonville
Field: Finance & Accounting
Post Date: Feb 07, 2019
This position directs all operational accounting and finance functions required to provide timely and accurate regulatory reporting/compliance and financial reporting for Commercial Banking, including commercial real estate, equipment leasing and specialty financing. It is responsible for providing strategy, reporting and policy oversight. The position is responsible for leadership and management oversight of the accounting and forecast/planning cycles, audits and for the integrity and accuracy of financial books and records.
• Sets enterprise direction in their respective area of responsibility. Serves as a key contributor in defining vision and strategy.
• Directs the work and priorities of their team which may include multiple teams supporting different lines of business.
• Leads relationship growth efforts among Accounting & Finance and client groups.
• Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of all monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
• Responsible for compliance with all regulatory requirements
• Oversees appropriate use of technology and systems to enable efficiency
• Establishes, enhances and maintains appropriate internal controls
• Provides proactive management of assigned area through financial information analyses, reports and recommendations
• Provides expertise and consulting in support of key corporate initiatives including acquisitions, new products, service and business model changes.
• Identifies, develops and communicates analysis to executive management and business unit contacts in order to maximize savings and minimize risk exposure.
• Coordinates resolution of issues related to assigned area
• Manages a team including recruiting, training, motivating, directing and evaluating
• Develops policies, procedures, processes, and controls within assigned area
• Provides leadership and coordination for financial planning, month end close process, forecast/planning/analysis processes and submission of information for federal/state/regulatory requirements
• Ensures all needed assistance is provided for internal, external and regulatory auditors in completing audit reviews
• Provides consultative expertise in strategic discussions regarding new products, processes, systems and ensure accounting accuracy
• Coordinate completion of ad hoc reporting as requested
• Ensures service level agreements are met
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
• May require extensive knowledge of the concepts, practices and procedures of the Business Unit being supported
• Excellent ability to develop and execute strategies.
• Excellent knowledge of federal and multistate corporate accounting and finance regulation
• Ability to solve complex and unusual business and managerial situations
• Superior interpersonal skills, ability to communicate complex information effectively and ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
• Advanced strategic planning and decision-making skills with ability to analyze short and long-term effects
• Logical, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
• Outstanding leadership ability.
• Convincing ability to persuade and influence objectives.
• Advanced knowledge of fundamental GAAP accounting concepts, regulatory requirements and internal controls
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related business area
• MBA / CPA highly preferred
• Minimum 15 plus years of accounting/finance
• 10 plus years managerial experience preferred with 5 years managerial experience required
• Recent experience in financial services industry required
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Prior experience in Commercial Banking preferred
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
• Credit Check
• Criminal Background Check
• DMV Check
• Past Employment Verification
• Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
TIAA, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. No associate or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
TIAA, FSB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at TIAA, FSB via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at TIAA, FSB in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of TIAA, FSB, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by TIAA, FSB as a result of the referral or through other means.
TIAA, FSB will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by TIAA, FSB, or (c) consistent with TIAA, FSB's legal duty to furnish information.
- Requisition ID: 1717457