TIAA Assistant Finance Manager UK Retail Funds Group in London, United Kingdom
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, listed equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.nuveen.com
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Assistant Finance Manager (UK Retail funds group)
Overview of the Role
• Financial management of investment properties
• Provide support to the respective Asset Managers
• Close interaction with other Nuveen Real Estate offices globally and assisting with all reporting requirements
• Hands on involvement with reporting, cash flow management and process improvement
• Indirect management of third party service providers
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation of year-end financial statements
• Preparation of year-end audit files
• Rolling over and preparing statutory accounts for dormant entities
• Prepare distribution calculations
• Preparation and presentation of accounts and financial reports at board meetings
• Preparation of VAT returns and tax analysis data
• Assisting with CIS filing
• Preparation of loan compliance covenants
• Preparing data for IPD and INREV filings
• Preparing rental reconciliations, reviewing bank reconciliations, calculation of net asset value
• Management of Edinburgh St James development finance processes and involvement in asset on boarding processes as required
• Compliance with filing and reporting legislation to ensure all deadlines for preparation of income tax, VAT, filing of accounts, etc. are met
• Posting journals to MRI.
• Coding invoices to Basware.
• Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
• Day to day accounting issues
• Provide assistance to the Finance team
• Liaising with all parts of Nuveen Real Estate as appropriate to ensure that all financial and operational matters are dealt with and managed
• Additional ad-hoc project work will be required
Technical Skills & Qualifications Required
• Qualified/part accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
• Property/Fund accounting experience is desirable
• Good knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook & accounting systems (MRI experience desirable but not essential)
• Working with Excel, MRI and other systems
• Team player - Close liaison with fund management and other areas of the finance and operations team, as well as external advisers
• Excellent interpersonal skills – to deal with investors and external contacts
• Good organisational skills and ability to work to, and sometime implement own processes
• Communication & presentation - Clarity of presentation of information to boards and internal and external clients/investors as appropriate
• Teamwork/Commercial - Support the other members of the team in their relationship with various onshore and offshore third party suppliers
• Act in line with Nuveen Real Estate’s Company Values
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-ca-privacy) to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/nuveen-eu-uk-privacy) to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here (http://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-privacy) to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.
TIAA started out over 100 years ago to help ensure teachers could retire with dignity. Today, many people who work at not-for-profits rely on our wide range of financial products and services to support and strengthen their financial well-being.