TIAA Director of Research (Analytics and Debt) in London, United Kingdom
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, listed equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.nuveen.com
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Overview of the Role
The Director of Research will focus on European markets but also include wider global real estate thematic trends and economic developments, as well as gathering and analysing data to provide insight into new markets as the business grows. The role can require specialising in certain sectors or countries or have a more generalist remit focusing on high level themes and real estate economics. A certain degree of flexibility along those lines is required.
The role has not management responsibility, but a Director of Research may be assisted by a Research Analyst.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• European research on occupier and investment markets as well as research into global thematic trends, including travel across Europe/Global
• Providing strategic advice to our business and clients with respect to the economy and real estate, and in the context of other sectors
• Providing global economic advice to internal and external clients. Formulating the house view on the European and also global economy
• Modelling real estate and economic data to build global views of real estate markets and forecast performance
• Helping to ensure consistency of data analysis across North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific regions
• Developing a global network of local providers of research and managing budgets
• Ensuring that data and systems are maintained for accuracy, consistency and business continuity
• Developing innovative approaches to analysing and presenting data
• Project based work to support specific areas of business growth or exploration of new markets
• Support and regular communication with TH Real Estate Fund and investment managers regarding market updates and current portfolios
• Asset acquisition and disposal advice – writing / discussing independent research views on potential investments. Analysing rental growth and yield profiles for specific assets.
• Report writing, quarterly investment updates to clients, but also marketing material
• Regular presentations to fund investors, prospective clients at conferences and home team
• Being a spokesperson for our business, building our reputation globally through assisting with PR efforts - to include writing for industry publications, speaking to journalists, attending and speaking at conferences
• Attendance at Product Development meetings where relevant
• Contributing to the research input for client reporting
Technical Skills & Qualifications Required
• Minimum educational requirement is a degree, grade 2:1 or equivalent. Relevant subjects might include economics, geography, mathematics, finance, land management or similar
• 10+ years’ experience in real estate related organisation, ideally within a research department
• Advanced MS Office software skills
• Local knowledge of European markets and economies
• This will be a highly technical role but written and presentation skills will be important in the communication of results.
• Highly motivated
• Act in line with the company's values
FCA registration required: No
ASIC registration: No
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-ca-privacy) to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/nuveen-eu-uk-privacy) to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here (http://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-privacy) to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.
TIAA started out over 100 years ago to help ensure teachers could retire with dignity. Today, many people who work at not-for-profits rely on our wide range of financial products and services to support and strengthen their financial well-being.