Nuveen Investments Real Estate Analyst - UK & European Retail - Based in London, UK in London, United Kingdom
Neptune is a joint venture established in 2014 between TIAA (Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association, parent company and GA of Nuveen Real Estate) and Neinver (family-owned Spanish outlet developer and operator). Nuveen Real Estate is Investment Advisor to the fund whilst Neinver is property manager.
The fund currently holds 15 retail (predominantly outlets) assets across Europe located in Spain, Italy, France, Poland, and the Netherlands. Total value is €1.3 billion and GLA totals 320,000 sq. m.
The Neptune team within Nuveen is also pan-European with asset managers located in Madrid, Milan, Paris and Frankfurt. The finance and company secretary teams are located in Luxembourg where the JV is also established. The fund manager and supporting departments (debt, GA team, research, legal etc) are located in London.
The UK Retail Warehouse Fund is a Jersey based property unit trust for both exempt and tax paying investors. It was established to provide an opportunity for investors to gain exposure to a diversified pool of retail warehouse investments in a competitive and specialised market. The Fund was set up in 2001.
The fund currently holds 9 retail warehouses in the UK. Total value is £530m
The fund manager and supporting departments (debt, GA team, research, legal etc) are located in London.
Overview of the role
The fund requires a full-time person to support the fund manager, combining analyst and valuation responsibilities with fund strategy and a more business-focussed range of fund management tasks.
The role will require strong analytical and financial modelling skills using existing and new models in Excel. However, the scope will go far beyond purely analytical tasks and will include strategy, underwriting and recommendations to investors. It is essential that the candidate has good people skills, is keen to collaborate with colleagues and can prepare clear and well-presented written work.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Quarterly reporting of asset and fund performance
• Consolidation of annual asset business plans to create fund level strategy and forecasts using a complex financial model (to include asset, debt, funding, tax, distribution etc) in Excel
• Responsibility for quarterly valuations and relationship with valuers
• Preparation and presentation, with fund manager, of strategy for investors and internally at Nuveen
• Overseeing recommendations to investors and Nuveen Investment Committee and Fund Boards on acquisitions and asset management initiatives
• Underwriting, preparing financial models (to include asset, debt, funding, tax, distribution etc) in Excel and managing due diligence of any acquisitions or developments
• Interaction and leadership with the other departments involved in Neptune and UK Retail Warehouse Fund: asset management, technology & innovation, finance/accounting, company secretary, debt, research, tax, legal etc
Technical skills and qualifications
• Proven experience in the real estate sector with strong financial background within a similar function/role
• Excellent Excel skills
• High standards of written English and presentation
• Strong presentation and communication skills, verbal and written
• Able to work in collaboration with cross-border teams and to also manage own tasks autonomously
• Experience in European real estate investments is preferred as is a background in retail property
• Languages are an advantage
• Comfortable with European travel
This role requires no regulatory designation.
Nuveen is committed to providing equal opportunity across all employment practices and we believe our employees have a right to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Nuveen offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any assistance.
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, listed equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.nuveen.com
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in US (other than California), click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-privacy) .
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in California, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-ca-privacy) .
For Applicants of Nuveen residing in Europe and APAC, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/nuveen-eu-uk-privacy) .
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (English), click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/support/privacy/applicants-greenwood-privacy) .
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/support/privacy/applicants-greenwood-portuguese-privacy) .
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (English), click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/support/privacy/applicants-westchester-privacy) .
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/support/privacy/applicants-westchester-portuguese-privacy) .