Nuveen Investments Real Estate, Retail Asset Manager - Maternity Cover 9 month FTC - Based in London, UK in London, United Kingdom
Job Title: Associate/Senior Associate, Asset Management
Reporting to: Senior Portfolio Manager, Real Estate, UK
Department: Retail, Real Estate
Regulatory Status: Non-Regulated
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers ($1 trillion AUM as of 30 Jun 2020) with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities, and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Nuveen Real Estate
Nuveen Real Estate is one of the largest investment managers in the world with $127 billion of assets under management (as of 30 June 2020). Managing a suite of funds and mandates, across both public and private investments, and spanning both debt and equity across diverse geographies and investment styles, we provide access to every aspect of real estate investing.
With over 80 years of real estate investing experience and more than 667 employees* located across over 28 cities throughout the United States, Europe and Asia Pacific, the platform offers unparalleled geographic reach, which is married with deep sector expertise. For further information, please visit us at www.nuveen.com/realestate
*Includes 319 real estate investment professionals, supported by a further 340+ Nuveen employees.
Overview of the Role
Responsibility for handling the operational asset management of a property portfolio managed by Nuveen Real Estate.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Responsibility for the performance and the operating management of directly managed assets, assistance of the Senior Portfolio Manager for others
• Implementation of the agreed asset management initiatives, capex programme, lease re-gears and renewals
• Prepare and complete annual business plans and asset management initiatives
• Instruction, coordination and supervision of external professional teams (incl. property/SC managers, asset managers, leasing agents, communication agencies, lawyers, project manager, etc.)
• Prepare quarterly reporting to investors, analysis and explanation of variances
• Assist in data collection of quarterly/annual property valuation process and review them
• Collect and ensure the reliability of data that relate to properties under management
• Frequent travels required
• Manage day to day relationship with managing companies and provide them accurate information
• Prepare/review bank covenants certificates
Qualifications & Experience Required
• Undergraduate degree
• Relevant professional qualification(s) desirable (e.g. RICS)
• Experience and knowledge of real estate asset management
• Knowledge and experience of local law concerning lease agreement, legal real estate environment and notions in construction/urbanism
• Understanding of tenant mix, performance and operations
• Experience and knowledge of Retail Property and existing relationships with retailers
• Initiative and self‐motivation
• Positive can-do attitude, with the drive and ambition to deliver expectations
• Ability to interact effectively with a dispersed and diverse stakeholder group
• Strong communication, both written and oral
• Persuading and influencing
• Act in line with Nuveen Real Estate’s Company Values
Nuveen is committed to providing equal opportunity across all employment practices and we believe our employees have a right to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Nuveen offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, listed equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.nuveen.com
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-ca-privacy) to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/nuveen-eu-uk-privacy) to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here (http://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-privacy) to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.
TIAA started out over 100 years ago to help ensure teachers could retire with dignity. Today, many people who work at not-for-profits rely on our wide range of financial products and services to support and strengthen their financial well-being.