Nuveen Investments Real Estate - Investment Manager, Logistics, Associate - Based in Frankfurt, Madrid or Milan in Milan, Italy
The role of Investment Manager takes primary responsibility for the new investments across the fast growing European Logistics franchise, with particular focus on the European Logistics Fund II – a Spezialfonds with a core investment strategy targeting €400m GAV and also value added mandates for which Nuveen is allocating capital. The role focuses on managing the investment strategy, regular reporting, valuation, investor liaison, debt strategy and overall asset management direction for those assets, as well as seeking to grow the portfolio through acquisitions, potential extensions and active asset management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Sourcing new investment opportunities in the Logistics Sector
• Leading the underwriting and due diligence process for new acquisitions
• Maintaining an excellent relationship with asset managers
• Managing strategic direction of the existing assets in the portfolio
• Managing the annual Business Plan process
• Provision of quarterly investment reporting
• Presenting to Board and Investment committee
• Liaising with investors on a regular basis
• Attendance at quarterly property meetings
• Providing guidance to the analyst and portfolio managers
Technical Skills & Qualifications Required
• Strong reporting and financial modelling skills
• Financially numerate with a good knowledge of financial statements and corporate structuring
• Ability to manage people effectively
• Experience in European Real Estate investment
• Experience in Logistics sector
• German and English language
• Leadership skills, both in terms of the team but also the strategic direction of the portfolio
• Enthusiastic, proactive and keen to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
• Methodical in reporting with the ability to present information clearly in writing and verbally
• Comfortable with regular international travel
• Good understanding in terms of tenant demand & performance
• Financial, analytical and modelling skills
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Good team player contributing to the success of Nuveen Real Estate (regular liaison with regional offices)
• Act in line with Nuveen Real Estate’s Company Values
FCA registration required: No
ASIC registration: No
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, listed equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.nuveen.com
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-ca-privacy) to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/nuveen-eu-uk-privacy) to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here (http://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-privacy) to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.
TIAA started out over 100 years ago to help ensure teachers could retire with dignity. Today, many people who work at not-for-profits rely on our wide range of financial products and services to support and strengthen their financial well-being.