TIAA Bank Lender Finance Analyst in MT LAUREL, New Jersey
Lender Finance Analyst
Location: United States, New Jersey, Mt Laurel
Field: Mortgage & Commercial Lending
Post Date: Feb 07, 2019
The Analyst is responsible for assisting in the underwriting of new and existing transactions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in writing, accounting, financial analysis and stress test modeling. The ability to analyze financial statements and forecast future performance is required. Knowledge and use of Excel, Word and Power Point is required. Knowledge and experience with pivot tables and vlookup in Excel is preferred.
• Assist others with Monthly and Quarterly Reports and Ad Hoc Reports
• Work independently on standard reports
• Seek assistance from Senior Associate or Manager on complex transactions
• Ongoing credit monitoring of clients including covenant compliance, client advances and repayments and monthly servicing and/or borrowing base reports
• Spread and analyze financial statements, provide written commentary on financial performance
• Pull credit reports such as D&B, Lexis Nexis, pull OFAC reports, assist in BSA process and assist in KYC process.
• Assist in reconciling Approval Memos to Legal Documents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
• Spread & analyze financial statements
• Review Legal Documents with Senior Associate or Manager for accuracy to Approval Memo.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Quick and versatile learner, with ability to quickly grasp the essence and underlying structure of things. Ability to comfortably deal with new concepts and complexity.
• Ability to make decisions in a timely way, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines
• Fluent in all Microsoft office applications especially Excel, PowerPoint & Word
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Undergraduate degree or scheduled completion of degree within 6 months required
• Accounting or Finance concentration preferred
• No previous business experience required. Demonstrated leadership experience through internships, academic projects, student organizations or extracurricular activities is preferred
• Understanding of basic accounting principles
• Research both public and private companies
• Graduate degree preferred
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
• Credit Check
• Criminal Background Check
• DMV Check
• Past Employment Verification
• Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
TIAA, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. No associate or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
TIAA, FSB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at TIAA, FSB via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at TIAA, FSB in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of TIAA, FSB, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by TIAA, FSB as a result of the referral or through other means.
TIAA, FSB will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by TIAA, FSB, or (c) consistent with TIAA, FSB's legal duty to furnish information.
- Requisition ID: 1717277