TIAA Global Privates Client Servicing Head in NEW YORK CITY, New York
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com.
The Global Privates Client Servicing team is responsible for supporting the distribution and relationship management team during the onboarding process, maintaining day-to-day contact with existing investors, responding to events, writing and issuing client communications, co-ordinating investment reporting and any fund related activities, and supporting secondary trades with third parties for EMEA based funds and mandates.
The Global Client Service team partners closely with other business areas such as product, distribution, operations, technology, (including 3rd Party Transfer Agents and Fund Administrators) to build the client servicing capabilities required to deliver an outstanding client experience to investors, intermediaries and advisors in our alternatives products. This team also oversees and administers onboarding and support for Nuveen’s Employee Investment Program.
The Global Head of the Private Strategies Client Services team will be responsible for developing, integrating and managing the regional teams which are currently based in the US (New York, Charlotte and Newport Beach), London and Frankfurt.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive:
The main objective is to ensure that our clients receive excellent service.
• Management and leadership of the Private Strategies Client Service team to further build and develop a high performing team;
• Development and execution of the overall client servicing strategy for private strategies.
• Overall management responsibility for the roll-out and effective operation of the client servicing methodology;
• Ensuring that global processes are in place and being adopted across the team;
• Liaising with internal partners such as product to ensure that expectations from the Client Service team can be met;
• Liaising with external parties such as Third Party Administrators to ensure that they are delivering a good service;
• Assisting with the development and management of relationships alongside Distribution and Relationship Management teams;
• Liaising with corporate and other internal teams to ensure all client servicing activity is in line with the Group i.e., strategy and guidelines;
• Oversee Client Communications in conjunction with the Marketing Communications teams, Distribution and Relationship Management;
• Working with clients on issues and projects to ensure client expectations are met;
• Giving regular feedback on client vulnerability/profitability;
• Manage relationships with product, legal, marketing, sales and compliance;
• Development and oversight of investment mandates to ensure that funds are managed in accordance with client specifications;
• Ensure that the AML / KYC and compliance obligations are met
Management and leadership of the client service team to build and develop a high performing team; the team’s responsibilities to include:
Management of existing client relationships
• Respond to client queries and requests promptly and effectively, involving custodians and internal departments e.g., Distribution, Legal/Compliance as necessary
• Review and sign-off Client Reports before being distributed to investors
• Proactively anticipate clients’ requirements by maintaining regular contact and communicate any concerns to the client team.
• Be familiar with and understand the client’s investment mandate.
• Co-ordinate and assist with client presentations, preparation of investor days and making presentations where required.
Establish new client relationships
• Contribute to the completion of consultant questionnaires and RFPs, ensuring questionnaires are understood and responded to in a timely and appropriate manner, in order to maximise Nuveen Real Estate’s chances of winning new business.
• Attend Operational Due Diligence meetings / New Business pitches as required
Technical Skills, Competencies & Qualifications Required
• FINRA Series 7 and Series 24 licensed
• Have experience of leading and coaching high performing teams
• Direct experience managing a Client Service team
• Strong communication and leadership skills – capable of influencing internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience of real estate and alternative strategies and product structures preferred
• Excellent end-to-end generalist problem solving skills and ability to identify issues and implement solutions
• Able to prioritize with a clear focus on results and execution – a self-starter able to lead a team independently and multi-task across various priorities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to deal with clients and their intermediaries at all levels from actuaries to junior administrators; also portfolio managers, client directors, managers and reporters and Custodian staff, in their language.
• Self-motivated person with a professional approach who can manage effectively in a diverse team environment
• Have strong networking skills
• Customer focused
• Act in line with Nuveen’s Company Values
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1728246
Post Date: Sep 10, 2020