TIAA Lead Business Analyst in NEW YORK CITY, New York
TIAA is a unique financial partner. With an award-winning track record for consistent performance, TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. TIAA has $1 trillion in assets under management (as of 9/30/2018) and offers a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and guidance, and retirement services.
A hands on Business Analyst who will work on various Risk Management projects and ad hoc requests within a Risk Solutions team. The job will be a business analyst, but will also require some project management and working with fixed income analytics. Coordination will also be needed within the Risk Solutions team, between the developers and the operations team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Act as a project manager and coordinator for Risk Analytics and Reporting projects.
• Act as an interface between Risk Managers / Research Analysts / Portfolio Managers and Risk Solutions group.
• Assist in defining risk methodologies with users, specify and implement risk methodologies with development team, analyze risk analytics and perform risk modeling in various Risk Systems such as MSCI RiskMetrics, YieldBook, Moody’s Riskcalc and MPA, Intex, S&P’s Capital IQ, etc.
At least 7 years of relevant experience in Buy or Sell side
• Thorough understanding of various asset classes (Fixed Income, Equity, Derivatives, etc.) and products, including structured products like MBS, ABS, CMBS, etc., and alternative investments such as real estate, private equity, agriculture, etc. and their Risk modelling.
• A thorough familiarity with various risk and performance analytics, their calculations and data requirements for both assets and liabilities and operational performance.
• Understanding of Market and Credit Risk Methodologies and Models.
• A familiarity with corporate and/or MBS model ratings.
• Oracle / SQL Programming and data modelling for financial / analytics data.
• Good command of Excel macros and VBA scripts.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Good Project Management skills.
• Hands on experience and understanding of various Risk Systems such as Bloomberg, Yieldbook, POINT, Moody’s RiskCalc and MPA, Algorithmics, or RiskMetrics, S&P’s Capital IQ or SnL.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the .
If you need assistance applying due to visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1719139
Field: Legal, Compliance, & Risk
Post Date: May 14, 2019
- TIAA Jobs