TIAA Bank Senior Fraud Investigations Lead in United States
The Senior Fraud Investigations Lead conducts investigations regarding the control, detection and analysis of frauds to eliminate any eventual possibility of financial or image loss to the company. Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for identifying potential fraud cases and taking appropriate action.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Conducts investigations of alleged violations of the corporation’s ethical standards and non-compliance with applicable laws, regulations and corporate policy issues.
Conducts complex audits of corporate departments to ensure compliance and manages the process of correcting noncompliance and compliance gaps.
Uses sophisticated data analysis and software to identify potential cases of fraud such as embezzlement, counterfeiting, cloning, tumbling, piggy-backing, etc.
Assesses existing and potential fraudulent situations to protect the company’s financial and operational situation.
Presents and discusses fraud documentation for prosecution with law enforcement agencies.
Analyzes account activity in order to assess levels of risk.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 3+ Years Required; 5+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Key responsibilities for the Senior Fraud Investigations Lead are to include:
• First line review for triage, mitigation, investigation and recovery of allegations or suspicions of external customer asset fraud.
• Resolution of highly complex fraud cases and overseeing the resolution
• Provide leadership and peer-based coaching to teammates as needed
• Participation in the development and presentation of fraud awareness programs for internal and external audiences
• Assist leaders with planning and project execution
• Subject matter expertise for Business procedures and identification of leading practices
- Oversee compliance for all fraud related UAR procedures
• Proficiency with Case Management System and reporting tools
• Conducting research utilizing available tools, systems, and the internet, consistent with the resolution of cases
• Assessment of client profile data against hits to ensure normal and expected activity
• Escalating relationship retention or termination decisions, and tracking account closures where applicable
- Lead root cause efforts
• Proactively identify risks and drive mitigation activity to completion. Work with Bank Fraud management to escalate risks and incidents to appropriate risk & control areas to enhance risk management posture
• Support special projects and initiatives, as needed
• Liaison with Law Enforcement on investigations as deemed appropriate
• Participate in peer bank industry meetings
• Build upon industry wide network for investigations support
- Leading fraud tasks assigned by manager to support the bank fraud program
Base Pay Range: $64,300/yr. - $107,200/yr.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA Bank, a division of TIAA, FSB, provides nationwide banking services to consumer and commercial clients through a variety of channels, including online and mobile applications, as well as its Florida-based financial centers.
TIAA has entered into a definitive agreement to sell TIAA Bank to new investors with extensive experience in financial services, as part of the company’s strategy to refocus on its core retirement business and Nuveen, the company’s asset manager. When the transaction is complete, in 2023, TIAA will retain a non-controlling stake in the bank, demonstrating the company’s confidence in the bank’s future success.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary (https://www.tiaa.org/public/pdf/benefits-at-a-glance.pdf) .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here (https://www.dol.gov/general/topics/posters) .
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in US (other than California), click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-privacy) .
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in California, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-ca-privacy) .
For Applicants of Nuveen residing in Europe and APAC, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/nuveen-eu-uk-privacy) .
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (English), click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/support/privacy/applicants-greenwood-privacy) .
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/support/privacy/applicants-greenwood-portuguese-privacy) .
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (English), click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/support/privacy/applicants-westchester-privacy) .
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/support/privacy/applicants-westchester-portuguese-privacy) .
TIAA started out over 100 years ago to help ensure teachers could retire with dignity. Today, many people who work at not-for-profits rely on our wide range of financial products and services to support and strengthen their financial well-being.